Independent Financial Advisers 01424 777 156 Solla

Divorce and State Benefits

Mike Robertson Associates are able to look at your current situation and offer advice on whether you might be able to apply for any State Benefits. This could be Tax Credits, Child Benefit or others.

The amount of tax credit you can claim depends on the number of children you look after and your household income. You may get extra if your child has a disability. If you work, you may be able to claim Working Tax Credit, which, if you have children, can include help with childcare costs.

If your income is low, or you cannot work, for example because your children are very young, you may be able to claim other state benefits.

Once the level of benefits each party is entitled to has been determined this can sometimes affect other areas of the divorce process, as their income and expenditure will have changed.